Today one of the key heritage features of the building is its large orchestral-style organ, considered one of the most important organs in New South Wales. In 1925, Sydney’s Christian Science community commissioned noted organ-builder Josiah Eustace Dodd to build this instrument for their new church. At a cost of £3,365 to construct (around $280,000 today), the organ consists of 2,180 pipes, three keyboards of 61 notes and a peddle board of 30 notes. Performances on the organ were broadcast on Sydney radio from the 1930s onwards. The organ continued to be used for occasional performances by orchestral groups during the building’s era as a private residence in the 2010s. The building’s preservation will enable the organ’s continued use for its intended purpose into the future.